![]() |
| Willis Hall's rebound and kick out to Drew at the end of regulation secured a Cougar victory |
Top Performers: Andrew Goudelock 27 points (22 in the 2nd half), 7-12 FG, 3-3 3PFG, 10-11 FT
Georgia Southern's defensive pressure
That was a close one. I was shocked too when I saw that final score. Like I said, not able to catch the game but here is what I've picked up from what I've read:
- The only reason why we even had a shot at winning this game was because of Drew. Look at the stats above. That's insane. The next best performer on the Cougars was Simmons with 10 points and 8 boards. If Goudelock had not gotten hot in the second half we would be reading about how the Eagles shocked the conference-leading Cougars in their first Socon victory.
- 19 turnovers and 9 assists for the game by the Cougs. I have no idea where that came from. We average only 11 TO's per game. From what I've heard the GSU defense was playing a tough zone. But an assist turnover ratio of .47 is just straight ugly
- GSU actually had several opportunities to put the game away but failed. We turned the ball over 3 times in the last few minutes of regulation, resulting in a GSU run that cut the lead from nine to two with less than a minute to play. After the Cougs ran the shot clock down, Goudelock missed his shot. Willis was fortunately able to grab the rebound and pass it to Drew, who was quickly fouled. Had Willis not gotten the rebound, the Eagles could run down the floor and possibly win the game with a 3.
- Let's hope the coaching staff is all over the players for a performance like that. A few tough practices should be in order before the team travels to Davidson.

No comments:
Post a Comment