Final Score: College of Charleston 74, Furman 50
Top Performers:
Willis Hall 9 points, 15 rebounds
Anthony Stitt 15 points, 5 assists
*Disclaimer: I was unable to make it a perfect regular season sweep of watching CofC basketball games this year. I missed watching this one live due to other Saturday afternoon obligations but I promise to make it up to y'all with an enormous amount of regular season wrap-up and SoCon preview posts.
So for this one we're going back to bullet point format
- So much for any lingering effects on Stitt's knee injury. Anthony finished the game having played 28 minutes and leading the Cougars in points and assists
- In order to come back from an 11-point first half deficit and eventually win by 24, something had to have gone very right along the way
- The Cougars shot 68% from the field and 54% from three in the second half. That could have something to do with it
- With an offensive explosion like that in the final half of regular season play, this Cougar fan has to assume we'll have momentum heading into next weekend...? Eh? How about some hot outside shooting for us in Asheville Cougs?
- From what I've heard over at CofC fans the Cougars had a solid outing last night against the zone. Willis was capitalizing on the open jumper in the cavity and there was enough effective outside shooting to put the Paladins into man. At which point CofC was really able to pull away.
- Anthony Stitt had one of my favorite quotes of the year after the game "they only scored 10 legitimate points in the second half" Colin Reddick has illegitimate points with a young woman in Monks Corner. It's something I frown upon.
- Adjehi had another rough game but I already told you guys Reddick was going to give him trouble. Baru has been having a down stretch lately but (spoiler alert) it has not had much impact on my All-SoCon voting
- Trent had a very nice game. 13 and 9 in just 20 minutes coming off the bench. Why is there no SoCon Sixth Man of the Year award?

No comments:
Post a Comment