Saturday, December 17, 2011

CofC vs CSU

"Charleston" my ass
College of Charleston (8-1, 2-0)
Charleston Southern University (6-3, 2-0)
TD Arena
Tipoff at 6 pm on ESPN3

Coming off the big psychological win over an SEC opponent, the Cougars have got a quick turnaround and will face off against intercity (make that inter-county) opponent Charleston Southern tonight at 6 on ESPN3. This game I guess has the potential to be a letdown; but I don't see it happening, regardless of how well CSU is playing so far. 

For one, our bigs have always had a field day when they play the Buccaneers.  I can remember the last couple years watching Jeremy, Antwaine and Willis have near career best performances against the much smaller CSU forwards. This should once again be the case as we have a significant size advantage over the Bucs front line. This might be the day we finally see that formidable Baru-Wiedeman combination do some damage inside. 

CSU is coming off a 88-69 whooping of Citadel and will likely be pumped to take on the Cougars. If either of these teams faced some travel, or CSU had more time to rest, I would be more worried about this game. The only reason why this contest could be a loss is if we're looking ahead (still my theory on what happened against UCF) to the Louisville game. Thats why I politely ask our players to keep the momentum going and take care of CSU before we do anything further. Go Cougars!


No comments:

Post a Comment