Monday, February 21, 2011

Final Home Game Against Samford

Last chance to see Jordan Turok ladies and gentleman

College of Charleston (21-7, 13-2)
Samford (12-16, 4-12)
Carolina First Arena
Tipoff at 7 on CSS

Well, for the second straight game, I know very little about our opponent. I mean what can you say about Samford? They joined the Socon a few years ago and have never been able to make any noise in basketball. Currently they are sitting in 6th place in the North division and are struggling to not have the second-worst record in the conference.

Tonight is senior night, and it's very possible that this is the last time we see Andrew, Donovan and Jeremy at the Carolina First Arena (unless we end up with a home game in the NIT). Speaking of the NIT, a win tonight guarantees we'll at least get there.

A win tonight against the other Bulldogs give the Cougars a conference record of 14-2. The next best record in the Socon is Chatty and WCU with identical 10-5 seasons. Even if the Cougars were to lose their remaining 2 games, and one of those teams were to win out, the Cougs would still win the regular season.

But before we start thinking about regular season championships, or tournament championships, let's take care of business tonight. By us I mean the seniors. By the seniors I don't include myself, I just mean those that are on the basketball team.....Go Cougars!

No comments:

Post a Comment