Saturday, February 5, 2011

CofC Homecoming vs Furman



College of Charleston (16-7, 9-2)
Furman (17-6, 9-3)
Carolina First Arena 
Tipoff at 4pm on CSS

Not much to say about this game that hasn't already been said. The whole situation with Jeremy could present one of two issues for the players mentally. One is that their minds are with their hospital-ridden teammate, instead of being focused on the game at hand. The other alternative is that they use this game as a sort of tribute to number 21. Hopefully the Cougars will play their heart out and win this one for him. Jeremy's proved year after year that he's a warrior and I know he'll be reacquainted with the team soon.

Trent Wiedeman will get the start next to Willis and James Carlton will see his first significant minutes of the season as the first big off the bench. I know Wiedeman will be able to hold his own. Don't forget that he posted double-doubles in his only two starts of this season. I'm interested to see how Carlton does. Furman has some talented senior forwards in Amu Saaka and Noah States, but their more speed and finesse than sheer bulk like Wofford's front line. This will bode well for Carlton as it matches his skill set.

The game is Homecoming too. In my four years at the College, Homecoming has never been good to us (if any of you remember the disastrous Elon game, you know what I'm talking about). Furman is coming off a hard fought win over Citadel up the peninsula on Thursday. They know what's at stake tonight and are not intimidated by the Cougars at all. I remember watching the game at Furman over winter break and it was a nail biter.

Then again, I thought the Wofford game was gonna come down to the wire too. So let's bring that same intensity and basketball intelligence to the CFA and get another step closer to that regular season championship! Go Cougars!

No comments:

Post a Comment